Hi there! I’m Divyendra. I’m an SRE currently working in NYC. If you are stuck, I’m always eager to take a dig at problems that are outside my horizon. Email is provided at the bottom. My first language was QBASIC (It was a thing back then) and have come a long way from fixing computers for a living.
I like to think of myself as a cheap systems engineer. Cheap in the sense, someone who tries to build simple and efficient solutions by keeping the cost low as possible. (Throwing hardware and resources at a problem, never solves the problem). Engineering has always been more than just a “job” for me. Neither do I mind waking up in the middle of the night to address my pager.
Master’s in CyberSecurity2017-2018
Bachelor’s in Computer Engineering2012-2016
Achievements and awards
- MIT – Hack Medicine | Nov 16 – 18
- Stanford University – Health++ | Nov 2-3 | 2018
- ICIMS Hackathon – Bell Lab 2018 | Winner
- HealthTech Hackathon 2018 | Winner
- John Hopkins University Hackathon | 2018
- Social Good Hackathon 2018 | Winner
- Princeton University Hackathon | Winner (Best Hack for Social Good) | March 30 – April 1 2018
- New York University Global Hackathon | Winner (Assistive Technology) | March 23 – 25 2018
- Stony Brook IOT Hackathon | Winner | Feb 16-18 2018
- CTF Hacking Competition at Stony Brook | Winner | Feb 16-18 2018
- Altice USA and Infosys Innovation Hackathon | 3rd Place | Nov 15 2017
- New Jersey Institute of Technology Hackathon (Hack NJIT) | Nov 11-12 2017
- Boston University Hackathon (Boston Hacks) | Oct 28-29 2017
- Digital Healthcare Hackathon (Stevens) | Oct 6-8 2017
- IDEA EXPO • A Platform for Idea Presentations | Winner | 2015
- National Level Technical Paper Presentation (Ethical Hacking) | Winner | 2013
As a kid, I always loved helping people to solve their simple tech problems. I’m going to say that I wasn’t as altruistic as people thought I was as there was a level of selfishness involved in that deed as I was learning something every time I was solving someone else’s problem.
Being successful at almost anything means having a passion for it. If you see somebody with even reasonable intelligence and a terrific passion for what they do and who can get people around them to march even when they can’t see over the top of the next hill, things are going to happen.