Hello there! I’m Divyendra Patil (aka Div – Like the HTML tag) Welcome!
If you are stuck, I’m always willing to solve a problem no matter how big or small (Or if I don’t know much about it). Email is provided at the bottom! I started to code at the age of 9 using BASIC (It was a thing back then).
I like to think of myself as a cheap engineer. Cheap in the sense, who tries to build something out of minimalistic efforts and is efficient by mainly keeping cost under consideration. Computer science and engineering is more of a lifestyle than a job. I don’t mind waking up in the middle of the night without a sweat to address my pager and I look forward to Mondays.
I do have a life beyond computing. Running (Fastest mile: 6:51), Bouldering, Writing. I like to chat about stocks, investment, finance, physics, space & time and aerospace engineering.
Master’s in Cyber Security
Bachelor’s in Computer Engineering
Achievements and awards
- MIT – Hack Medicine | Nov 16 – 18
- Stanford University – Health++ | Nov 2-3 | 2018
- ICIMS Hackathon – Bell Lab 2018 | Winner
- HealthTech Hackathon 2018 | Winner
- John Hopkins University Hackathon | 2018
- Social Good Hackathon 2018 | Winner
- Princeton University Hackathon | Winner (Best Hack for Social Good) | March 30 – April 1 2018
- New York University Global Hackathon | Winner (Assistive Technology) | March 23 – 25 2018
- Stony Brook IOT Hackathon | Winner | Feb 16-18 2018
- CTF Hacking Competition at Stony Brook | Winner | Feb 16-18 2018
- Altice USA and Infosys Innovation Hackathon | 3rd Place | Nov 15 2017
- New Jersey Institute of Technology Hackathon (Hack NJIT) | Nov 11-12 2017
- Boston University Hackathon (Boston Hacks) | Oct 28-29 2017
- Digital Healthcare Hackathon (Stevens) | Oct 6-8 2017
- IDEA EXPO • A Platform for Idea Presentations | Winner | 2015
- National Level Technical Paper Presentation (Ethical Hacking) | Winner | 2013
I always loved helping people, solving simple tech problems in their day to day life. Being successful at almost anything means having a passion for it. If you see somebody with even reasonable intelligence and a terrific passion for what they do and who can get people around them to march even when those people can’t see over the top of the next hill, things are going to happen.